The 9th Conference on Nonlinear Systems and Dynamics (CNSD 2015) was held at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Mohali during 13-15 March 2015.
The Convenors of this meeting were Professor Sudeshna Sinha and Somdatta Sinha.
The National Advisory Board was comprised of eminent scientists from premier research institutes of India.
- The Conference drew around 150 participants.
- There were 17 invited talks (from leading active researchers from around India, as well as a few from Germany, Japan and USA).
- There were 38 contributed talks, which ran in parallel sessions.
- There were 50 poster presentations.
- The attendance in all sessions was good and the participation lively.
- As customary, there was also a session on the future directions of this conference series, chaired by Prof. Soumitro Banerjee. It was decided that the next CNSD would be held in IISER Kolkata.
Best poster awards
Judges's Choice winners were:
- Sangeeta Rani Ujjwal, JNU (Cash prize: 1000 INR)
- Anshul Choudhary, IISER Mohali (Cash prize: 1000 INR)
These prizes were presented by Professor M. Lakshmanan.
The major sponsors of CNSD15 were:
- IISER Mohali
- Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (DAE), Government of India, Mumbai
- National Network for Mathematical & Computational Biology (NNMCB), SERB
The participants of CNSD15 appreciated the scientific content and ambiance of the meeting. To quote a senior reputed participant: "the conference had very high scientific level, very good presentations and I had a lot of very exciting discussions". Another wrote: "It was also very important that you brought there some people from Biology, engineering etc. which usually do not come. They have given a lot of inspirations."