The 10th Conference on Nonlinear Systems and Dynamics (CNSD-2016) was held at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata during 16-18 December 2016.
The Convenor was Prof. Soumitro Banerjee.
The other organizers of the conference were Dr. Anandamohan Ghosh and Dr. Rumi De.
The National Advisory Board comprised eminent scientists from premier research institutes of India.
A large number of student volunteers participated in different activities. They were:
- Debapriya Pal
- Soumyajit Seth
- Debangana Mukhopadhyay
- Partho Sakha De
- Shubhayu Bagchi
- Ananya Mandal
- Shubham Chowdhry
- Sayan Saha
- Subhadeep Roy
- Mahashweta Patra
- Anchita Addhya
- Bitihotra Roy
- Dipanjan Chakraborty
- Souraj Ghosh
- Ujjwal Ray
- Soumen Patra
- Arnab Acharya
- Santanu Tripathy
- Kuntal Mandal
- Narasimha Suda
- Nivedita Bhadra
- Arnab Chakrabarti
- Dhrubajyoti Mandal
- Sohail Dasgupta
- The Conference drew around 170 participants.
- There were 5 Plenary talks.
- There were 5 mini-symposiums and 5 oral sessions. 48 papers were presented in these sessions.
- 80 papers were presented in 3 `Interactive Sessions'. In these sessions, in addition to the usual "Poster Presentation" format, the presenters were required to show videos and graphics of experiments, simulations and other details on laptop computers.
- There was a Panel Discussion on "Women in Science". The panelists were Somdatta Sinha, Rumi De, Ram Ramaswamy, and Sarika Jalan. Conducted by G. Ambika and Neelima Gupte. The presentations by the panelists were followed by a lively discussion among the participants.
- There was a Panel Discussion on "Science in India: Research Students' Perspective". The panelists were Aasifa Rounak, Arnab Chakrabarti, Sourabh Singh, and Ananya Mondal. It was conducted by Soumitro Banerjee.
- As customary, there was also a session on the future directions of this conference series, chaired by Prof. Soumitro Banerjee. It was decided that the next CNSD would be held in Delhi, and the main organizer will be Prof. Ram Ramaswamy.
The major sponsors of CNSD-2016 were:
- Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (DAE), Government of India, Mumbai
- Council for Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Delhi
The participants of CNSD-2016 highly appreciated the scientific content and ambiance of the meeting. The new format of the Interactive sessions, and the inclusion of panel discussion on topics of general concern were particularly appreciated.