The Conferences on Nonlinear Systems & Dynamics provide a forum for bringing the various groups working in the area of Nonlinear Systems and Dynamics on a single platform for exchanging views and reporting research findings.
Broad areas covered by the conference:-
Study of nonlinear systems and dynamics has emerged internationally as a major area of interdisciplinary research over the last two decades. As a result, international conferences/symposia are regularly held in this and related areas, and national-level conferences are held in most advanced countries. In India there are a number of groups actively involved in research on nonlinear dynamics. Need was being felt for a forum where active researchers in this area can meet periodically --- to report new experiments and theoretical developments, to examine hypotheses to explain physical phenomena, and to discuss common problems faced by people working in this field. The CNSDs are meant to serve this purpose.
The Conference series was started in the year 2003 as the National Conference on Nonlinear Systems & Dynamics (NCNSD). In 2012 it was decided to drop the word "National" from the name of the conference. From now onwards it will be known as Conference on Nonlinear Systems & Dynamics.
- Bifurcation Theory
- Integrable Systems and Solitons
- Classical Deterministic Chaos
- Nonlinear Phenomena in Engineering Sciences
- Nonlinear Phenomena in Medical and Biological Sciences
- Dynamics of Conservative Systems
- Hamiltonian and Quantum Chaos
- Nonlinear Optics
- Control of Chaos and Synchronization
- Coupled Map Lattice and Spatiotemporal Pattern Formation
- Fractal, Order, and Time-Series Analysis
- Self-Organized Criticality
- Nonlinearity in MHD, Plasma and Astrophysics
- Complex Networks
- Mathematical and Computational Approaches to Nonlinear Dynamics
The history of the past conferences is as follows:
- First NCNSD: CTS, I.I.T. Kharagpur, 28-30 December 2003.
- Second NCNSD: Aligarh Muslim University, 24-26 February 2005.
- Third NCNSD: RIASM, University of Madras, 6-8 February 2006.
- Fourth NCNSD: Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, 3-5 January 2008.
- Fifth NCNSD: Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata, 5-7 March, 2009.
- Sixth NCNSD: Bharatidasan University, Tiruchirapalli, 27-30 January, 2011.
- Seventh NCNSD: IISER Pune, 12-15 July, 2012.
- Eighth CNSD: IIT Indore, 11-14 December 2013
- Ninth CNSD: IISER Mohali, 13-15 March 2015
- Tenth CNSD: IISER Kolkata, 16-18 December 2016